A meeting with: Toni Morrison


Hello to everyone! My name is Chloe Anthony Wofford, but maybe you know me as Toni Morrison. I was born in Ohio,USA in 1931. Now, let me talk a little bit about my life:

I grew up in the American Midwest with a family that loved black culture. In 1953, I attended Howard University and Cornell University. Later, in 1965 I became an editor at Random House for a long period of time. In 1984, I began teaching at the State University of New York in Albany, which I left in 1989 to start teaching at Princeton University. I retired in 2006.

I am really proud to say that in 1993, I won the Nobel Prize for Literature. Some of my main works that you should know are: The Bluest Eye, Sula, Song of Solomon and Tar Baby, but it is the novel, Beloved that make me won a Pulitzer Prize in 1987. In most of these books, I explore the ideas of Black American experience, cultural identity and the central figure of some of my works is always a woman. 

Here I present you a video: it is a trailer about the movie The Pieces I am which is a film that represents my entire life. I hope you have a great time during this little talk.




See you soon,
Toni Morrison.

Bibliography:

Comments